Monday, August 17, 2009

Introduction

Hi, my name is April and I am 29 years old. I am originally from North Carolina, but moved to Lexington, KY with my boyfriend (and our dog, Zoey) almost a year ago. I am starting this blog because in less than 4 months I will turn the big 3-0, I want to be healthier and happier with my body, and I'm realizing as I get older that I'm gaining weight in different places than I used to - and this is NOT a good thing. :) I am one of those "all or nothing" types (I know this is not a good way to be), and if I "fall off the wagon", I have a hard time getting back on track. For example, I'll eat healthy and exercise regularly for a couple of weeks, but then if I overindulge at a party or miss a few days at the gym, I just give up. I actually really enjoy exercising, and I feel so much better when I'm active and eating healthy - that should be enough motivation - but it's so much easier to find other things to do or relax on the couch after a long day at work. I'm hoping this blog will help hold me accountable and change my perspective to realize that it's ok to have a piece of cake or miss a spin class and still reach my goals. I have done Weight Watchers in the past with success, but this time I want to focus on eating more whole foods instead of frozen, processed meals. This is not just an attempt to lose weight - I know that if my body is healthier and stronger, my mind will be as well, and I will be a more confident, happier person. I will be documenting my progress with pictures and by blogging my daily menu, my workouts, as well as my thoughts as I go through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment